Thursday 1 October 2015

Pinch, punch... how to make a silver beaded bracelet


Hello autumn! Every October I forget how beautiful this time of the year is. The freshness in the air, the orange against the blue sky and of course, the crafts and bakes that come with it! 

My tortoise, Marley, has been absolutely loving his time in the garden over the past few days, although he seems to be very confused by conkers. 


So today, as promised I am going to teach you how to make the most simple piece of jewellery EVER. This was one of the first things I made, they are so quick and with Christmas slowly creeping up, they make adorable little presents.  


You will need: 

Beads or crystal chips: I have used Aventurine beads from an old bracelet. 

Silver wire: as I’ve mentioned before, I would always advise to use real silver wire, rather than plated. It’s slightly more expensive, but it’s worth it! I bought a reel of silver from amazon for £10. That will make you lots of jewellery pieces!

Jewellery tools: I bought my set from Amazon (noticing a theme?!) for £15 which included 7 different tools.

A ruler- if you want to be super accurate!

Clasps: you can get these from most arts and craft shops. I got mine from John Lewis. And if in doubt... Amazon! 


How to make:



Make a loop with the silver wire. Then, judging the size of your bead or crystal chip, cut it away from the reel. You will need space for your bead to fit as well as another loop. Remember, always cut more than you think you will need!

Slide your bead onto the wire. Repeat and make a loop so the bead is secure.

Then cut another piece of wire, thread it through the first link’s loop and secure with a new loop. Repeat the process. 

Keep on going making links to the size you would like your bracelet to be. 

When you reach your desired length, cut about 2cm of wire, thread it through your last link and just make a circle. 

At the other end of the bracelet, thread a clasp through. 


And simple! It should take no longer than an hour, give one a go when you’ve got your feet up with a glass of wine, it’s strangely therapeutic! 



Speaking of wine, one of my friends has asked for a jewellery making evening this Friday, lets see how well we do..!

Have a lovely week!

H xx

2 comments:

  1. Hey girrrl! Love these tutorials... i've thousands of crystals at home that i've been looking at creating into something for ages. This is perfect :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess! I'm so glad this is what you are looking for! They are easy peasy :) I would love to see a photo of one once you've made it! H xx

      Delete