Sunday 27 September 2015

Nutella Chunk Brownie Cupcakes (with three and a half ingredients!)

Happy Sunday!

Today was spent filling the house with the sweet smell of chocolate, as well as setting up this blog! I thought I would jump on the band wagon with this whole 'three ingredient craze' that seems to be everywhere right now.

I was slightly skeptical of these so called magical cakes, so I decided to give the Nutella brownie a try ( and if it failed I could just eat the Nutella out of the jar with a spoon).

Much to my amazement, these incredibly thrifty bakes work and taste amazing. My favorite trick to play is to get people to guess the ingredients, but I thought I would make it easier for you guys...


Ingredients

  • 400 g Nutella or chocolate hazelnut spread
  • 2 eggs 
  • 70 g self raising flour 
  • And for my 'half' I would say these are more of an addition to the cake, so they don't really count... Broken up chocolate of your choice- I went for Milky Bar (obviously)

Method 

Before doing any baking, always line the tins first. I always forget to do that and my cake mix ends up sitting on the side, which (insert scientific cakey reason here) is bad for cakes. That way, if it's already taken care of, it makes this recipe even simpler!

Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. 
  
Empty the 400 grams of Nutella into a mixing bowl and add the eggs.

Using an electric whisk mix in the eggs.

Add in the flour and mix again. I never bother to sieve my flour, lazy habit I suppose. 

Using a spoon, stir in the broken chocolate. Then spoon the mixture into a tray bake tin or into individual cupcake cases. Pop them in the oven for 20 minutes, check and if they are still a bit wobbly, another 5.
These little beauties went down a storm at work and were super easy to do. It's also a great little sweet treat to make with the kids, easy peasy!

Enjoy! H xx




No comments:

Post a Comment